IMMIGRATION DOCUMENT CLASSIFICATION
Immigration documents are official permits issued by CIC or Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA), Case Processing Centre (CPC) or Canadian visa office outside Canada. They include:
- Immigrant visa or record of landing
- Confirmation of permanent residence
- Permanent resident card
- Visitor record
- Work permit
- Study permit
- Temporary resident permit
If for some reason your document was lost, stolen, damaged, or destroyed you can apply for immigration documents replacement. It is possible to make a request for replacement of an immigration document inside or outside Canada.
HOW TO MAKE REPLACEMENT OF AN IMMIGRATION DOCUMENT?
To replace one of the immigration documents due to the reasons mentioned above you need to:
- Complete a Verification of Status or Replacement of an Immigration Document
- Send it to the Operation Support Centre (OSC) in Ottawa, Canada.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO APPLY FOR A VERIFICATION OF STATUS OR REPLACEMENT OF AN IMMIGRATION DOCUMENT?
If you made up your mind to make application to a Verification of Status or Replacement of an Immigration Document, you are obliged to:
- collect all of the necessary documentation
- Fill out IMM 5009 Verification of Status or Replacement of an Immigration Document Application
- Fill out IMM 5476 Use of Representative Form, if applicable
- Pay the processing fees
- Submit your application to the CIC
CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP CARD REPLACEMENT
Canadian Citizenship card is a document used by citizens of Canada which proves their living status in Canada. Oftentimes you demonstrate your citizenship card when you:
- Replace your Canadian passport
- Replace your health card
- Replace your driving license or provincial ID
- Enter a school
- Get employed
If you citizenship card was lost or stolen you must replace it promptly. You can request for replacement of citizenship card from inside or outside Canada. If you are inside the country you need to fill out the Application for a Citizenship Certificate (CIT 001), acknowledge any other needed documents (see the list below) and pay the processing fee. If you are located outside Canada, you must contact the closest Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR CITIZENSHIP CARD REPLACEMENT
- Completed application for a Citizenship card
- Two documents that signify your ID (e.g. driving license, passport, SIN card etc.) At least one of them should contain the applicant’s photo
- Commemorative certificate which accompanied the original card
- Report of loss or theft from a local police department
- Two identical photos (different from Canadian passport photos)
- Non-refundable processing fees
- Solemn declaration
For any other detailed information on immigration documents replacement or professional guidance in this procedure do not hesitate to contact our consultants.