Super Visa is extended visitor’s visa priority which allows parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens visit their relatives and stay in the country on a temporary basis. Parents and grandparents who have eligibility may apply for Grandparent Super Visa as a single entry or multiple entry permits. Grandparent Visa allows staying in Canada up to 10 years period, or one moths before the applicants passport expires, which is earlier. Within this period individuals who have grandparents super visa can remain in Canada for a period of up to 2 years.
GRANDPARENT VISA CANADA BENEFITS
- A usual Visitor Visa has a maximum validity up to 6 months time while Grandparent Super Visa permits you to stay in Canada up to 10 years period
- Grandparent Super Visa has relatively short processing time of your application. It takes up to 8 weeks period.
ELIGIBILITY FOR GRANDPARENTS VISA CANADA
The application for this type of visa is made to a visa office outside Canada. The candidate for Grandparents Super Visa must meet certain criteria.
In order to have eligibility to apply for Grandparent Visa, applicants must be the parents or grandparents of Canadian citizens of permanent residents of Canada. People who are granted as dependants of parents or grandparents cannot apply for this type of visa. However, they are eligible to apply for a regular Visitor Visa. The Grandparents visa applicants must also have admission to Canada and meet other requirements.
Several factors are taken into consideration before concluding applicant’s admission. Firstly, the applicant must prove that he is a genuine visitor and is supposed to leave the country at the end of his authorized visit. Other requirements include:
- The person’s connection to their homeland
- The target of visit
- The person’s background and financial sustainability
- The overall economic and political sustainability of the homeland
- Letter of invitations from Canadian relatives
The parent or grandparent, in their, turn are required to do the following:
- Demonstrate they are the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Receive a medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that has validity for a minimum of one year period.
- Pass medical assessment
It is necessary to know that individuals who have obtained Grandparent Super Visa have certain restrictions of a regular tourist visa holder. Subsequently, they cannot study or work during their stay in Canada.
For more information about obtaining Grandparent Visa Canada do not hesitate to contact our consultants. We will assess your eligibility and provide the most up-to-date information on this topic.