REFUGEE CLAIM IN CANADA
Every year Canada accepts many immigrants from different countries who are in need of protection. We offer safeguard to people who are persecuted and either do not want or incapable to return to their homeland. Such people are given special status, also known as refugee status in Canada. They usually make refuge claim in Canada to pursue their stay in the country lawful. All you need to have is the determination of your eligibility to stay. Our certified consultants will assist you with all the information regarding the requirements in this issue and help you get a positive conclusion on your request.
WHO IS IN NEED OF PROTECTION?
It is a person whose return to their homeland will subsequently expose them to:
- A danger or torture
- A life risk
- A risk of violent treatment or punishment
ELIGIBILITY FOR REFUGEE STATUS IN CANADA
There is a category of people who are not eligible to ask for refugee status in Canada. Officers who receive refugee claims will determine if it is eligible to be referred to the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB), an independent administrative tribunal which takes decisions on immigration and refugee issues. The IRB concludes who is a Convention refugee or a person in need of protection.
Your refugee claim may not be eligible to be referred to the IRB if:
- You have been sanctioned as a Convention refugee by another country to which you can come back
- You have been given protected person status in Canada
- You arrived via the Canada-US border
- You do not possess admission to Canada on safeguard grounds or criminal records or violation of human rights
- You made a previous refugee claim which was illegible to be referred to IRB
- Your previous refugee claim was declined by IRB
- You abandoned or withdrew a previous refugee claim
WHO IS CONVENTION REFUGEE?
Convention refugee is a person who is unwilling to come back to their homeland due to numerous reasons, most common of which include:
- Religious belief
- Political view
- Participation in a particular social groups (such as homosexuals)
If you find yourself in need of protection and necessity to make your stay in Canada eligible – contact our certified consultants for further information. With VISAPP Immigration you will get top quality advice and support